Articles on this Page
- 01/09/19--14:54: _Re: Zooming
- 01/09/19--14:54: _Re: Premier pro sud...
- 01/09/19--14:54: _Re: video ok uncut,...
- 01/09/19--14:55: _Re: Premiere Pro an...
- 01/09/19--14:56: _Re: All versions of...
- 01/09/19--14:57: _Re: Workspace isn't...
- 01/09/19--14:58: _Re: Premiere CC and...
- 01/09/19--15:07: _Re: Wrong MXF file ...
- 01/09/19--15:10: _Re: Color Managemen...
- 01/09/19--15:16: _Re: Premiere does n...
- 01/09/19--15:20: _Re: Premiere CC and...
- 01/09/19--15:22: _Re: PP 2019 not rec...
- 01/09/19--15:23: _Re: Rating in proje...
- 01/09/19--15:25: _Re: Play Back Troubles
- 01/09/19--15:25: _Re: Major color shi...
- 01/09/19--15:42: _Re: Export bitrate ...
- 01/09/19--15:52: _Re: Keyframes for S...
- 01/09/19--15:54: _Re: video ok uncut,...
- 01/09/19--16:03: _Re: Inconsistent au...
- 01/09/19--16:03: _Re: Scaling only pl...
- 01/09/19--14:54: Re: Zooming
- 01/09/19--14:54: Re: Premier pro suddenly not working properly
Do one of the following:
- Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
- Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
- 01/09/19--14:55: Re: Premiere Pro and Audition
- 01/09/19--14:56: Re: All versions of Premiere refuse to boot
- 01/09/19--14:57: Re: Workspace isn't my preferred setting for new project
- 01/09/19--14:58: Re: Premiere CC and Quadro Cards don't mix for me
- 01/09/19--15:07: Re: Wrong MXF file imports
- 01/09/19--15:10: Re: Color Management in Premiere doesn't match the export
- 01/09/19--15:16: Re: Premiere does not import audio that is attached to video
- 01/09/19--15:20: Re: Premiere CC and Quadro Cards don't mix for me
- 01/09/19--15:22: Re: PP 2019 not recognizing my NVIDIA GeForce 1050-Ti 4GB video card
- 01/09/19--15:23: Re: Rating in project pane disappears
- 01/09/19--15:25: Re: Play Back Troubles
- 01/09/19--15:25: Re: Major color shift after export
- 01/09/19--15:42: Re: Export bitrate settings don't match results
- 01/09/19--15:52: Re: Keyframes for Scale not working
- 01/09/19--16:03: Re: Inconsistent audio from Filmic Pro video
Still having problems with the scaling effect, ClareB? Tell us more.
Is this still happening, SalemH?
Try resetting the preferences:
If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
If that doesn’t work,,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.
You can also open a Premiere Pro project file directly in Audition, if you like.
Any news on your issue, maias? Tell us more.
Please upvote this bug/feature request here: Dual Screen Workspaces – Adobe video & audio apps
Up and running yet, edh?
When copying SD cards to hard drive for editing, create a unique folder for the contents of each card, and copy everything from SD card to the hard drive folder, do not pick and choose just video clips. Folder structure and metadata are useful to Premiere.
Once footage is properly copied to hard drive, use Media Browser for import in Premiere, not File > Import.
Using these methods, Premiere should not get confused when you have two or more different clips named 0001.mts or whatever. Also helps with other issues, for instance long AVCHD recordings that are spanned across multiple small clips on card will import as one large seamless clip in Premiere. Many benefits.
Thanks Neil for your patience and support...
I think that I will personally be waisting my gray matter on something else for a while.
Make sure you have "A1" selected (turned blue) at most left side
in the timeline, and you have only these two there on the left
("V1" and "A1"). And both should be selected to begin with, or
your added files will have only video or only audio.
For you to see those A1 and V1 in the timeline, remember to have
imported at least one file to the project and click to select it
in the project list (click the movie, not the sequence).
You still can try with adding several files to the timeline at
once, they should come with their audios, and you can select a
file in the project list and click the "Automate to Sequence"
icon down there in the project window and click OK next and
your file will also be added with its audio.
Hope this will help some.
Thanks for asking, Kevin. Unfortunately, I am still dealing with daily crashes (2-7x per work week, I reckon). While the info regarding the Fermi support is helpful, it doesn't really apply in my case since I've been dealing with this problem since 2016 when I first got this workstation. Currently running Nvidia driver Build 411.95. I will update to 412.16 now and hope for a miracle...
Try older drivers.
Hi Michael Stratigakis,
I've been using the rating field in the project pane to rate clips from 1-5 stars. If I switch the copy of the media drive with that the project file is linked to, once re-linked, the clip ratings in the project pane reset to no rating information.
Certain info is kept with the clips themselves via XMP metadata, some is carried by the project file. Your missing info is likely carried by XMP metadata not by the project file.
Also make sure that "Rating" is set in the Project panel as a column. It's a custom column.
Sorry you're having trouble. I would recommend contacting support if you are not yet clear of this issue. Contact Customer Care
I tried to shut off all of the automatic stuff on the ASUS 4K monitor, but who knows what "intelligent" stuff it's doing without asking. The brightness and contrast are maxed, and it isn't anywhere near the look of the Retina display (color and contrast wise). That is no surprise since the Retina is technically much better.
Using some calibration software with a "puck" is a good suggestion. I may invest in a better monitor and a calibrator if I find myself needing higher quality color grades.
At the moment I'm just trying to do my due diligence, so that when I tell my clients why I don't plan on spending a lot of time on adjusting the colors and contrast of my edits for them. I wan't the best result I can get with the equipment I have. If my clients want better, then I can now explain to them for which specific reasons better is connected with higher costs.
Still having trouble with this? Let us know.
I seemed to have to use scale and position, even if I just move the position slightly it seems to fix the issue and the clip scales correctly now. Thanks
Sorry missed your post.
Bob has given you some good info to work with.
I am a beginner and am put off already. I noted that some of the videos I filmed with my Iphone 7 using FilmicPro had no sound even before exporting to Premiere. As I played them on FilmicPro as you visualize the files there, some shot on same day were mute, some worked fine. This inconsistency persisted as I exported to Premiere Rush.
It would be really nice to know if this problem I had is connected to the one being repeatedly reported here.
Thanks in advance
I just encountered this exact same issue, and your temporary solution works (I applied a Brightness & Contrast effect with a single keyframe). This issue is showing occurring on the PC version of Premiere, the Mac version works just fine.